Frequently asked Questions
- Do you take insurance?
St. Petersburg Nutrition currently accepts Medicare (for more information see the Medicare tab listed under services). If you do not have Medicare you can request a “Super Bill” to submit to your insurance company. At times, insurance companies may reimburse you for your nutrition care and/or your payment for nutrition coaching may be applied to your deductible. You can call your insurance provider ahead of time to see what you may qualify for regarding reimbursement and applications to deductibles. St. Petersburg Nutrition accepts health savings accounts (HSA) as well as flexible spending accounts (FSA).
- How fast can I expect to lose weight?
All results vary from individual to individual. The rate at which you lose the weight varies each week depending on external factors and program compliance. St. Petersburg Nutrition practices only with research based evidence. Check out the most current weight loss recommendations from the Center of Disease Control (CDC)
- What are some of the main benefits in following a nutrition plan with St. Petersburg Nutrition?
The benefits can be endless however the most commonly reported are weight reduction, higher energy levels, reduced stress, improved sleep, reduction in over eating and/or binge eating and less emotional eating. An improved relationship with food will allow you to eventually focus less on what you are or aren’t eating and more on just living life itself.
- How is St. Petersburg Nutrition different from other programs?
You will not be sold expensive supplements, shakes, and short-term results or go on a diet. You will be provided with an affordable nutrition plan with increased motivation and accountability from a Licensed and Registered Dietitian Nutritionist as well as a Certified Exercise Physiologist. Brenda can help you with both your nutrition and exercise (if interested) plans together. You will focus on success for the long run all while ensuring a healthy relationship with food allowing you to put more time and energy into other aspects of your life.
- Why choose a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist?
A “Nutritionist” can be a person who has simply completed some coursework in nutrition or has just chosen to select this title for themselves. A Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) is a food and nutrition expert who has met the following criteria to earn the RDN credential:
- Completed a minimum of a bachelor’s degree at a U.S. regionally accredited university or college and course work accredited or approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Completed an ACEND-accredited supervised practice program at a health-care facility, community agency, or a foodservice corporation or combined with undergraduate or graduate studies. Typically, a practice program will run six to 12 months in length.
- Passed a national examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). For more information regarding the examination, refer to CDR’s website at www.cdrnet.org.
- Completes continuing professional educational requirements to maintain registration.
- Maintains a License (LDN) to practice nutrition by the Florida Department of Health
- What is Nutrition Coaching?
Coaching inspires to maximize personal potential and zone in on reaching personal goals. Working with Brenda you will begin with defining goals and formulating a plan that utilizes your skills. You will have increased accountability and confidence with coaching and have guidance and structure in your eating plan. The increased encouragement and support will better keep you on track. Coach Brenda is available for support even in between appointments.
- I’m super busy and/or I live far from your office, how can this work for me?
Absolutely! Coaching is flexible and can take place in person, by phone or video conferencing, your pick each appointment. Appointments can be scheduled on your ride home (with a Bluetooth of course!) during your lunch break or in person before, during or after your busy day.
- How do I get started?
Schedule your complimentary phone consultation by using the online scheduler below, or by calling (727) 344-9933 or emailing email@example.com